Saturday, March 21, 2009

3 days left

Thats right only 3 days until I have to take my national board exam. I am soooo nervous, and I have been studying my butt off. But I guess if I didnt procrastinate so much, I wouldnt be so nervous. Thanks dad, for such a great trait! haha. I am really trying to take a deep breath and take it one day at a time. It is an 8 hour written test. It consists of the last 2-3 years of information about Dental Hygiene and some general class information. The morning is component A, and that consists of 200 multiple choice questions, and then the afternoon is component B and that consists of 150 questions about case studies. So basically made up patients, it is all mutliple choice, so you would think it wouldnt be that hard. It cost $225 to take the test, so in the long run of my education it wouldnt be the worst if I failed, I will just have to pay that amount again and take the test again. It seems like a lot of money but when you look at how much I have paid for all of my exams it is pretty cheap.



I have to take a "law" exam on what I can do and not do in the state of Minnesota for Dental Hygiene, that was $80, and then I have to take a patient up to the cities to clean their teeth. They need to have so much calculus on so many teeth and so many surfaces and it has to be the right kind of calculus, this test cost me $860, and then I will have to pay an extra $200 to rent an operatory. And then most people pay the patient to take a day off of work and come up and sit for me. So that is a test I DONT want to fail, cause I would have to pay that amount all over again... arggg - this is making my stomach turn knots just talking about it.

No comments: