Sunday, March 8, 2009

A day late and a minute short

Yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of my dads death. It was surprisingly an "ok" day. I was a little sad when I woke up, which was at 4am!!! what the heck? but anyways as the day went on the easier it got! I am happy to have that past us as now I can get excited about the upcoming anniversary of david and I - 3 years dating, and 1 year engaged!! Man time flys!

Here is the reading that was read at his funeral. Still touches me....
"If i die with much anger and bitterness, I will leave my family and friends behind in confusion, guilt, shame or weakness.
When I felt my death approaching, I suddenly realized how much i could influence the hearts of those whom I would leave behind.
If i could truly say that I was grateful for what I lived, eager to forgive and be forgiven, full of hope that those who loved me would continue their lives in joy and peace, and confident that Jesus who calls me would guide all who somehow belonged to my life- if I could do that- i would, in the hour of my death, reveal more true spiritual freedom than I had been able to reveal during all the years of my life.
I realize on the very deep level that dying is the most important act of living. It involves a choice of bind others with guilt or set them free with gratitude."
Dad, I love you more then anything, and I miss you more then anything! I cant wait until the day comes when I can see you again in Heaven!! RIP DAD May 3rd, 1959-March 7,2007

No comments: