Friday, April 17, 2009

Houston, we are up and running...

As you all can see I finalized my blog "facelift". I think I am going to really like it!



While since the last real post we have finished out invites and envelopes. I have to say it was a major bitch to get them complete. We started last friday (4/10) at 11 am. We went to go print off all of the sheets for the information like the accommodations, RSVP, directions, and Reception. Well it didnt go so well. We ended up messing with that until about 5pm that same day. Once we finalized the sizes and then we printed them out. My older sister helped cut them all up. They turned out great. Then we tried to print off the picture for the invite and it was AWFUL!!! We were using my mom's work laser printer and the picture had a huge dark line in the middle of it. So we tried to take the disk to my mom's Fiance (Ron)'s work to print them off, still was a bitch to do it. We ended up calling it a night around midnight.

We got up again on Sat (4/11) and we started to try to print off the pictures again around 9am. We decided we will have to print them off on the normal printer we have at home. It was kind of a bitch but we got them all printed out, and my older sister cut them all up. ( that was around 4pm) we also had to print off the vellum paper off of the normal printer. Plus we had to hand feed each one. Mind you we did 135 invites!

At that time we were out of card stock paper so David and I went to walmart to pick some up. We also picked up stuff to make our wedding cake (thats coming next) When we got home we we printed off the rest of the information we needed. The I started to work on the envelopes. Again it was a bitch it wouldnt print out right on the laser. arggg. So we ended up printing all of them out on the regular printer also. I finished doing the envelopes at 2am. (everyone else was sleeping) Thank goodness we finished it last weekend, cause I would dread working on them again.

Also we went and ordered our cake Wednesday (4/8) and we just wanted a normal little 10 inch cake. I was thinking it would probably cost us about 20-4o dollars. WRONG, it was going to cost us 66 bucks! I almost shit my pants when the HyVee baker told me that. We didnt put any down payments on it since I thought that was a lot. I talked to my old sister (she is very crafty) and she said she could totally make our cake. So we did a trail cake run on Sunday. It turned out soooooooo good and it was way cheaper then 66 bucks. She is going to practice making the cake a little more and are going to try make it a 2-tier cake. :) So excited about this!

I think that is it, I have pictures of this whole ordeal, but they are on my mom's computer. I will post pics later!

No comments: