Saturday, November 8, 2008

Centerpiece Drama

When we first got engaged, I thought I had a great plan for centerpieces. This is what I thought I wanted. Just simple vase with flowers in it.



But then I really started to think, I think we will need more light considering the reception is in a tent. So I thought it would be cool to have lots and lots of candles. Kind of like this



Well little did I know it was WAY expensive. My wonderful older sister did some major research for me about how much it is going to cost. It was going to cost us close to $900 to do all of the centerpieces, including flowers.

David and I both agreed that was WAY to much money for centerpieces. So we were on the look again for a cheaper way to do it. We are on a very tight budget and I dont want to break the bank.

Jess, my oldersister, were talking on the phone last night and she came up with a great idea. We are going to use canning jars, and we are going to put battery christmas lights in the jars. Kind of like this, I am not really sure about the fabric on the top. But you get the idea.



Perfect!! So we were going to try to find canning jars that we could just borrow. We Jess did the calling to my grandma and she said she would have enought to let us borrow them!! yay, so that is a HUGE cost we can take off our list. So it is on to go after christmas and buy the lights on sale.

David and I are pretty excited about this idea. We are also going to have a table runner, kind of like this.


So this is where our centerpiecs stand of right now. Who knows it will probably change again.

No comments: